Projector Film Transfer to DVD
$20.00 for each 50 ft. reel – Those are usually in yellow cardboard boxes (even though sometimes the box is labelled 25ft, they are double sided and actually really contain 50 ft.)
$80.00 for each 200 ft. reel – Those are usually in metal canisters measuring 6 inches in diameter.
$160.00 for each 400 ft. reel – Those are usually in metal canisters measuring 8 inches in diameter.
|Format||50 ft to DVD||100 ft to DVD||200 ft to DVD||300 ft to DVD||400 ft to DVD||600 ft to DVD||800 ft to DVD||Straight Transfer to hard drive or USB - MP4 format|
|8mm or Super 8mm||$20.00||$40.00||$80.00||$120.00||$160.00||N/A||N/A||$15.00 per 50 ft|
|16mm||$20.00||$40.00||$80.00||$120.00||$160.00||$240.00||$320.00||$30.00 per 100 ft|
- Q: What format is the completed DVD? A:Each video transfer order is edited at our studio in Barrie, Ontario, Canada to remove damaged/unwanted scenes and burned to NTSC DVD. We can also create PAL format DVDs but because of the difference in frame rate, the sound will be slightly out of sync.
- Q: Do I just get a plain looking DVD back with no editing? A: For all video transfers, colourful intro menus are added to the beginning of the DVD, transitions are added in between scenes and the completed disc is packaged professionally, including printing directly on the DVD itself.
- Q: What about if I want some special effects added? A: Pro Editing Charge applies when custom editing is requested. That starts at $49.99 per cassette (or per order for reel to reel)
- Q: I’m pretty sure my old movies don’t have sound. Do you add music? A: Video filmed without sound is given background music (instrumental is common, although songs suitable to the year the video was filmed can be used too). You can supply your own music if you like.
- Q: How long does it take to transfer video? A: All orders will be completed at the end of the month following when the order was originally processed. (IE: If an order was taken in during September, it will be ready at the end of October)
- Q: What if I need it fast? A:If an order must be finished sooner than 4-7 weeks from drop off date, an additional charge of $50 is required and we can have your order completed in 2-3 weeks.